Sunday, July 13, 2008

AUSTRALIA TRIP

Our 2 weeks trip to Australia is taxing but great. This time we decided to check out Gold Coast, Brisbane & Perth. Is Brandee's 1st trip.Everything was ok until Brandee is tired and wanting to sleep. We knew she is fussy but didn't expect her to be so difficult on the plane. She needed a proper place to sleep ( she needed a bed ). We did not request for a basinet because she is quite tall for her age and may not fit into the basinet. Moreover, we bought her a passanger seat too. She cried for awhile and I have to carry her to sleep. She would wake up and cry if I sit. So I took turn with my hubby and we didn't get to sleep the entire 8hrs flight. Brandon was stress out too by Brandee and didn't sleep well. We were all tired and upon checking in to the SeaWorld Resort Hotel, we slept through the afternoon..:) Woke up at dinner time..:)


After a few days Brandon started asking for his favourite "Rice". We had Japanese food that day. Because the hotel is isolated & far from eateries, we ate mostly in the hotel.We went to Sea World the next day and both Brandon & Brandee enjoy it especially during their Sesame Street Show.




There's alot to do and see in Sea World and Movie World, but Brandon & Brandee is still a little young to enjoy it. Perhaps children around 6yrs old and above would enjoy it more.


We drove to Brisbane on the 4th day. It took us 45 minutes drive from Gold Coast to Brisbane. Brandon refused to go out. He is happy just by staying in the hotel. He said" Why want to go out mommy? No need to go out la, just stay in the hotel la. I like it this way!" Looks like I will have book a nice hotel for my next trip and just stay indoor:) We didn't do much in Brisbane eventhough we stayed for 3 nights. We then flew from Brisbane to Perth. The flight takes about 5hrs. Perth is a beautiful city, lots of greens & beautiful parks and very spacious too. We drove around and visited some friends there, again didn't do very much because little Brandee fell sick. Brought her to see a dr too. Whole trip was slow and easy. It's been an awesome family trip after all. Didn't managed to capture any picture in Perth because the camera "Kat put" on the 5th day...

7 comments:

Bits said...

Hey! thanks for dropping by my foodblog. Nice trip and nice pics...
will add you in my main blog.

Anonymous said...

Travel with young children always need longer time, luckily you travelled on your own pace so you could adjust your time :)

Ita said...

Oh..Brisbane...miss it. Was there for my honeymoon. Your boy must have had a great time there.

LindaLow said...

Martini,
I think I will die if i don't travel at my own pace:)

Ita,
my boy had a great time staying in the hotel haa..haa..

LindaLow said...

Martini,
I think I will die if i don't travel at my own pace:)

Ita,
my boy had a great time staying in the hotel haa..haa..

andrewjune said...

wah syok lah you...get to travel, i have not been travelling that far since the birth of my bb...
hubby and i are also thinking if our bb can stand the long hours in flight without being noisy!

LindaLow said...

June,

I strongly suggest that you travel when lil Rachael is bigger. It is very taxing really:)