Saturday, July 19, 2008

BIRTHDAY PRESENT

Soon it will be my hubby's birthday and I still cannot figure out what to buy for him. After his birthday will be our Anniversary. I am really lost each year when I have to buy birthday and anniversary gifts. I'm really bad with this:) In fact there were 2 years where I didn't buy a thing for his birthday..hee.hee..I gave him a card the next day..haa haa...so bad of me..

Yesterday I decided to ask Brandon what he would buy;

Mommy: Brandon, what do u want to buy for daddy's birthday?
Brandon: I don't know.
Mommy: What do u want to give him?
Brandon: Give him a cake la.
Mommy: How about you draw daddy a birthday card?
Brandon: Okie.. How to draw?
Mommy: I'll buy u paper and teach you how to draw ok?
Brandon: ok..
Mommy: Can you tell daddy that you are going to draw him a card?
Brandon: No..
Mommy: Why not?
Brandon: Because want to SURPRISE him ma... (I didn't expect him to know what is surprise)
Mommy: You know what is surprise?
Brandon: Ya, I know...

So friends, if you have any idea of what to buy, pls share with me ok:)

9 comments:

slavemom said...

I'm oso vy bad at buying gifts, esp for the male species. hehehe This yr, I bought hubby a wallet for his b'day coz I din get him any gifts for many yrs edi. :p

Lee said...

Hi Linda, noticed your callsign over at Slavemom's.
Get your hubby a couple of music, song CD's, of songs he loves?
Or something for his car...a reflexology back rest, the ones which has little balls to massage his back when he drives? Or a nice steering wheel cover, a leather one?

Or one of those Swiss army utility knives, that has lots of useful things...I bet you he'll love it.
My wife bought for me one 24 years ago, I still carry with me wherever I go...
For my 45th birthday she bought me a Victor Garcia Flamingo guitar.

But I would recommend a Swiss Army knife...
Happy birthday to your hubby.
You both look good.
Best regards and have a great weekend, Lee.

Sue said...

Hi Linda... thanks for dropping by my blog. Your have a beautiful daughter and son... nice pair!

Personally I do not buy any gifts for hubs also, whatever he wants he knows best, that's what I think :P Better to just fill his tummy with a nice meal out and birthday cake :P

LindaLow said...

Slavemom & Sue,
Why are women so bad when comes to buying a gift for the man:) Actually, I feel guilty each year when I see how much thoughts my hubby put in to choose & made gifts for me. I think we hv to learn from the man U.Lee..hee..hee

U.Lee
Such a romantic guy like u sure got lots of ideas huh:) I'll count on you from now on ok:)

Lee said...

Hi Linda, no problemos, at your service...any time.
By the way, something relating to the presents as mentioned...
check out my archive two weeks ago, title, "My hilarious experiences with women", d/d 7/9/08.
You have a great week, Lee.

Bits said...

Hi LInda, this is kinda tough job though! I'm also running out of ideas sometimes...

Leishia said...

hey there! blog hopped over from anggie's :) and i can't resist commenting on this one! lol

for gifts, i love making "chocolate bouquets"! just get a bunch of chocolate bars of all kinds - cadbury's, m&m's, kinder bueno's, etc - wrap a circle of cellotape around the the "bouquet", and then wrap one end of the chocolate-bunch with rice paper/colour paper/wrapping paper as you would a flower bouquet, finish off with a big ribbon bow. and there u go!

if the birthday boy doesnt like chocolate, then be creative and think of something else, lollipop and candies? fav cookies? even colourful towels! it's inexpensive, creative, best of all, heart warming - the kids can help in assembling the bouquet. :)

i hope u guys have a wonderful birthday and anniversary celebration!

andrewjune said...

ooppsss...i always buy clothes for my hubby...never go wrong! then again, i always keep the receipts in case the sizes are wrong...

i assume guys also love gadgets...so maybe a hp or an I-pod is also a great idea (if you hv the budget) :-)

Vickylow said...

Maybe get him a family portrait haha